Thursday, February 28, 2008

Headed out....

After a very short time at Station E were are headed out of here,
chased away by the weather to try and do a more southerly site first
(and more protected), and come back here on the way back to Palmer
Station at the end of the cruise. The weather is blowing 30 knots
right now, snow is coming down and the seas are building, not a good
outlook for station E for the while. Before we left however we did
get in one trawl, and although not hoards of corals like before, I
did get a species that hasn't been found down here before, so that is
pretty exciting for me. I also get to go to bed early, which at the
moment is even more exciting! Maybe i'll catch a movie first, can't
decide, Stian is still busy fixing things us scientists have broken,
which at the moment is quite a few things.....:0)

2 comments:

Nicola said...

hi there. hi and hugs to S from me, too. how many more days out for you guys and are you getting the science you need?

Anonymous said...

Greetings from me too to both you and S. Yes, letters and notes are more than overdue but I have been suffering from the flu that leaves me devoid of energy. But, I am thinking of both of you with love.