Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Minus the boxes


Well, okay, so it isn't sunday anymore......but I am finally, mostly, unpacked.....or at least as much as i'm going to before heading out this weekend to see Stian and the Grand Canyon.....:0) Today I came home early as a new fridge/freezer was being delivered, so thought it a good time to update the blog. I have to say i'm totally amazed - my apartment has 34 steps leading up to it - steep steps at that - these two large Hawaiian guys just zipped down the stairs with the old fridge, zipped back up with the new one, and even took their shoes off at the door! Amazing, esp since I thought efficiency didn't exist here....I eat my hat!

Here is my new fridge in place, plugged in and even cleaned!







The "Watling Complex". To the right is the A-Frame - Paul and Kristen live in there, on the left - lower is Grodnick (me) and upper is Les, Alison and Jenna. Pretty nice huh, even in the rain...:0)









Closer shot of Grodnick. I basically live under the upper deck, but still have lots of sunlight (windows on 3 sides) and I get the great views of Manoa Valley.












My front deck with my cute little swing-seat. Yes, I need a shoe rack.....










2 comments:

kmk said...

Maika'i!

Nicola said...

super cute and cosy! you have a bed AND couch? not bad! and i love that your new fridge is already decorated. i will have little miss draw a picture to add to it! :)