Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Days like these...


I'm having a tough time right now. So many emotions running through, many I can't talk about, but it's all connected i'm sure. Trying to write proposals, papers and keep samples running through the lab; bummed out by cool projects not being funded & excited by cool projects being funded; buying a house (it's moving forward, I move in in Feb and as soon as the Green Card comes through it's mine); overwhelmed by finances right now; excited by teaching soon (less than 2 weeks) & scared to death about teaching soon; missing friends and family; nagging insomnia that's been going on for over a month now. Those are just a few. Then on top my washing machine decided to burst a pipe and flood all over my carpet tonight, just as i'd managed to start to wind down from a stressful day. Cleaned that up as much as possible tonight (with the help of my 6yr old neighbor!) and hope to hell it doesn't all turn moldy. Last thing I need is to pay for a new carpet here.

So to try and get back into the spirit, out came the fondant icing. They're not done yet, but they're getting ready for an appearance at a Christmas part on friday. Definitely helped me wind down, long day tomorrow, lots to do....including find a wet vac for the carpet!

No comments: