Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Back!

I'm back. Back in Maine. Back (mostly) in brain. Back on the blog. 

It's been a hectic, emotional, but mostly fun six weeks - filled with students, driving back and forth to Maine on weekends to deal with house moving and Barkley, more students, and an awful lot of paperwork (some of which I still have to do). 

There's too much to really sum up in one blog post, so instead a few photos from the last six weeks. I don't have any of my new house up on here, to be honest because I haven't taken any! I should have taken some "befores", oh well, there's no way i'm unpacking now! 


There was some diving. Some fun diving - not as much as I would have liked, but the fact I squeezed 5 dives into my schedule over the last six weeks is quite the miracle. 

The Alvin sphere. Alvin is being disassembled right now to be refitted, and I took the students to meet the pilots and look at the parts. Was fun.  

King Neptune was there too. 

One weekend we had a great snowstorm. It was a great down day for me, much needed. I worked on lectures, caught up with emails and took Riley the dog out for walks in the snow. 

And Riley loves the snow. 

Really loves the snow....! 

Nobska Beach. One of my favorite spots to yell at the ocean and watch the sunset. 

Nobska light. 

The snow in Woods Hole. It was fun to be back, but I was so busy I didn't get to catch up with many folks. 

The Knorr and the Oceanus in dock. 

I was having a really crummy day one day, and these beautiful anemones appeared in my room. Thanks to all my wonderful friends who took me in for the six weeks. 

No comments: