Thursday, April 12, 2012

UK Trip

Just got into Maine and wanted to post photos i've been meaning to do over the last week. A whirlwind visit, but great to see family. Have a raging head and chest cold that i'm hoping leaves pretty soon, didn't make travel the funest today. 

Not so little Lucy, now 3 years old (last time I saw her she was 3 months!). Cute as can be, and catching a ride at a morning visit to Birdworld. 

My new niece Emily - 8 months. Sweet girl who loves cuddles and attention, and giving the best smiles. 

My gorgeous nieces! 

And Emily can crawl already! In fact, while I was there, she started pulling herself up and trying to walk. It won't be long, i'm betting by her 10th month, she'll be dashing after her sister. 

Smily girl! 

A trip to the park with Lucy-loo! She's at that stage where she won't smile for the camera, so it's great to catch her here on the swing! 

Cutie pie Lucy - loves to play, give hugs and kisses and show off all her dinosaurs! 

Grant and I took the girls to the aquarium while Claire caught up with things at home one morning. Here's Grant and Emily watching the otters feeding! 

Tried to get a good one of the three of us - but between distractions and Lucy doing fish faces, it was surprisingly hard! 

On my last afternoon in Portsmouth, right before dinner, little Emily fell fast asleep next to me on the sofa. I promise I didn't feed her the beer.....! 

After Portsmouth was London - it was great to see Dad for two evenings, and to hang out with my cousin Nicola one afternoon for a whirlwind walking tour of London! 

The London Aquarium is fantastic - highly recommend it! 

Trafalgar Square - last time i was here it was covered in pigeons! 

An hour around the National Gallery, catching up with my Picasson, Gaugin and Monet. 

There are four plinths in Trafalgar Square (other than the large central Lord Nelson's column) - one holds a statue of King George on a horse, one  of General Napier and one of Major-General Havelok. The last was an empty plinth that is used to show rotating art pieces. This months was the above. I have to say, given the history of Trafalgar, I can't wait to see this particular one rotate off......

A quick trip to Buckingham Palace to see the queen.

But not to stroke the horses! 

The palace! 

The guards! 

And of course, what walking tour wouldn't do Westminster Cathedral - home to many a royal wedding, including some recent ones. 

And topped off with a Discovery Ale with cousin Nicola. A fun day was had! 

No comments: