Thursday, December 13, 2007

Back from Tahoe...

We up and left for a long (looooonnnnggg) weekend up in Tahoe. Stians family have a condo up there, so we went up and hung out for five days and although we were somewhat lazy (well very lazy), still had a great time just relaxing, recouping and watching movies. To me that is probably the most snow i've seen in a really long time, to Stian it was just a mere sprinkling. Somewhat appropriate though - I just heard today the Cape is snowed in with a storm and WHOI had a day off work!

On sunday we went out to Northstar resort to do some skiing. I had my second ever ski lesson and in the afternoon met up with Stian, went up a ski lift and reminded myself that I really can't ski, and have the bruises to prove it. Monday was a chill out at home day, did some catching up on work, books, went for a wander around Truckee, took the scenic route home. Tuesday we had a lazy morning, then went for a cross country ski in the afternoon - that was alot of fun, though I again reminded myself that coming downhill on skis is not (yet) my forte. Weds we then headed back into San Fran after a West Wing watching morning while tidying up the condo. Some pics from the short trip....





Stian in style.....just before he got ran into and taken down.......









Kings Beach, on the shore of Lake Tahoe.....look snow!








Awwww........

No comments: