Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blast from the past.....

In the space of a single day, through the powers of Facebook, I have reconnected with 6 (yes 6) people I went to school with in Saudi Arabia. These are people I haven't heard hide nor hair of since 1991. Pretty amazing since we all span the globe too - from the UK, to the Netherlands, to Ghana to India. It's amazing to think I was so resistant to starting Facebook, but this is really the reason it caught me, the ability to keep up with distant and even long lost friends, and feel like you're a part of their daily life. I've made so many friends over the years, but my life is so transitory and busy, it's so great to have that to keep in touch.

2 comments:

BSA said...

Imoressive! I am glad that you have shared. Now I have to find you on Facebook....Ahhhh, I have so much to learn still!

Nicola said...

That is cool! I was resistant, too, and wonder why I did as I am horrid at keeping up with it!