This time last year I set out my goals for 2010 - how did I do? Not stellar, but not too bad. Here's the round up, and tomorrow i'll post my 2011 goals.
- Lose and keep off 10lbs - this one I did actually manage to do! Though I haven't weighed myself since xmas......it may have mostly come back by now with all the festivities!
- Cut the junk food - yes and no, there were good times, and then there were moving times....
- Get back to the gym weekly - didn't happen, i got in occasionally, but in my defense my closest gym (the University gym) sucked big time.
- Run another 1/2 marathon - well, this one I went above and beyond! I ran a half and a full marathon this year, as well as an indoor 10K in Canada.
- Try a sprint triathlon - didn't happen
- Cycle more - yes and no, mostly no, but I did just borrow a bike trainer from Kathy and Rod, so maybe i'll get fit enough inside to take it outside more in the summer
- Improve my distance swimming - didn't really happen, in fact I think I swam less than last year!
- Pay down my debt
- Save for a hiking trip
- Less fees in 2010
Crafts, Recreation and Home
- More hiking routes in Hawaii - this is I did manage to do, but not as much as I really wanted to.
- Back into pottery - I didn't get into the studio at all this year, sigh.
- Make all my own soap and shampoo - this I did succeed at, I bought my first bottle of shampoo and soap in November when I moved in with Jenny and Doug (i'd run down my homemade in prep for the move).
- Clear the clutter - yes and no, I did manage to not accumulate too much more which was great, though i'm noticing junk in my container as I unpack it....
So work-wise -
- I got a job in Maine, moved my lab, moved my house, moved my car, and finally moved myself (just missing the dog, and she'll be here in a few weeks).
- I wrote 11 proposals, had 4 funded (only one of which had any salary on for me), 5 not funded, 1 the whole call was pulled out and one we're still waiting to hear.
- Had 6 papers published (or to be published shortly in 2011)
- Went on science expeditions/work trips to Canada (ancient DNA) and Alaska (Glacier Bay National Park and Juneau fjords) and went to the Deep Sea Biology conference in Iceland.
It's been a busy year, but I need to step it up. Time to think about goals for 2011...