Thursday, April 3, 2008

Friday yet?

Actually not a bad day, just what seemed like a long one. I'm happy to be tucked up in bed already. My friend Liz is still here, she heads back to her place tomorrow and Grodnick and me will be all alone again. It's been nice having her here, and she's totally chilled out, but as usual I am looking forward to having my own space again. I've actually been pretty impressed that sharing Grodnick has not been too bad, it's amazing how just a little thought into creating "barriers" between a "bedroom" and "living room" in a shoe box studio can make it feel like you do have some privacy.

Today was hectic, lots of people to see, another student who wants to do histology (which is great), the histology room is still not even close to being ready (which is bad) and we have no money for new equipment (which is even worse). It all gets more than a little depressing after a while. Even that said, it feels like today was more productive than the last few days, I feel like i'm starting to make (or grind) my place here......

Foot is healing, not as fast as I want (pix below if your not squimish), but as long as I can wear shoes by next friday I guess it doesn't really matter. Trying all the tricks to get it ready to go.........friday the 11th it's back to the Antarctic - round 2 of 3 rounds this year and one next. And I just found out I'll be on another cruise later this year - luckily this time to the northern Hawaiian Islands.....woo hoo, a ten day cruise......don't think i've ever been on one so short!

Oh.....and I have my mac back, all repaired for free by the nice people at Apple. Yay!

No comments: