Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ouch.....

Busy day yesterday - I have my friend Liz (who is a postdoc here) staying with me for a few days as her house-mate has a million house guests at the moment - so went to pick her up at the airport yesterday evening (she'd been visiting the UK). At 10pm as we went into Grodnick I leaned out the door to grab some parcels that had been left on my swingseat just on the deck. As I turned around to go back in the screen door shut on me and gouged an inch square out of my left heel a good ~5mm deep leaving a little flap on the back (yes, i have no idea how, but it does appear you can indeed be attacked and mortally wounded by a screen door).

Ouch is all I can say, after lying on the kitchen floor for five minutes with my foot in the air both trying to stop the bleeding and stop feeling faint, we washed it out, compressed the flap back on there, covered it in antiseptic, bandaged it up good and had a gin and tonic. It's still pretty nasty looking, but looks better than yesterday evening (then again I think anything would look better when your not lying on the kitchen floor trying to tell your friend who just travelled 30hrs that you really are okay as half your heel is hanging off....).

Pretty spectacular entrance to Grodnick if I do say so myself......:0) Trying to resist posting a pic up here as that is just gross.....

*****Update.....okay, so I couldn't resist. It's now thursday and this is what it looks like - way better than monday night is all I can say! Sorry to those who are squimish....but how the hell does a screen door do this! ********

2 comments:

Nicola said...

no april fool joke? yikes, rhian. go get some stitches! owwwwieeee.
bella got your card and stickers and loved them! thank you!

RGW said...

yay, I'm glad they arrived! Doing a search now, but pretty sure they won't stitch feet so not much more they can do than I'm already doing. Keeping a good eye on it tho - last thing I need before leaving on the 11th is an infected foot!

Watch out for those screen doors - they bite!