Thursday, August 14, 2008

Harvest


Harvest time for Echo, I love that I bought NONE of these. Two papayas from next door, three avocados from our tree (unfortunately at the end of the season, so smaller than my usual giants), the first orange of the season and two apple-bananas (one for Stian and one for Lala - they're soooooo tasty!) from a friend. Pretty cool huh. 

All I have left to get is two pineapples, and those i'll get from the airport, where they are all nice and pre-packaged for travel......:0) 

So I'm feeling a little more on top of things than I have the last few days. As top on things as you can be when your sat on your sofa unable to get off because the floor is covered in things to pack. The debit/credit card thing has killed me the last few days, always when you least need it (but then again do you ever need it?), i've never lost cards before so it's a new one for me, and I have to say, sucks. Yesterday afternoon I got the definite that my proposal has gone in, and i've just about done most things on my list below (packing being the big missing one), a few things I have moved to taking work with me to Echo, which sucks a little, but I think will be okay. I think reviewing papers and proposals while sat on the deck overlooking the lake with the sound of nothing all around might be quite nice actually. Put a beer in hand it might just be perfect in fact....:0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I didn't see this before Echo so my taste buds weren't up for this bounty! I hope someone at the airport could make use of their confiscation of these goodies. I'll leave it to you to explain that you couldn't get them through customs. But, the pineapples were exquisite and the flavor lingers yet on my tongue.

Nicola said...

yeah, what she said. sigh...but the pineapple was damn tasty.