Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Stuck in Santiago......arhhhhhgo

Yup, flying these days never seems to be easy. I'm stuck overnight in Santiago. In a nice hotel right on the airport grounds, but still, a) I would rather be back in Honolulu tomorrow and b) if i'm going to get stuck couldn't it be in Punta Arenas where i'd get an extra night with Stian??

Delays, delays, snow caused delays at PA today and that made us miss the connection. The bummer is the first flights to the US are not until tomorrow evening, so it's a whole day of doodling. I'm torn too, there are ten of us here and people are talking about heading into the city to sightsee. I have a TON of work to do before I leave for CA next weekend. And I have to book things like flights to CA and hotels in Italy...all things I could get done tomorrow.....as well as get my proposal finalized so i can throw it to people in HI as soon as I get back for signatures (I was supposed to get that going tomorrow as soon as I get in.....ahhhhhhh! 

Delays always happen when you can least afford them.........

2 comments:

kmw said...

Love the photos, sent a chill up my spine. Hope you get home fast. DW

Kathy said...

It's Thursday evening now... hope you're on your way! And I hope you went out to play in Santiago today...all that other stuff can wait!