Saturday, August 9, 2008

Home.....well, kind of

Finally got back to Honolulu at 4pm yesterday, glad to be back. Stian should be just taking off now from Santiago, hoping he has a much less eventful time getting back. 

So I dropped into my place (check out the bathroom update below), had a pizza dinner with Liz then headed out to pick up my friend Jenny's dogs, i'm dog sitting at her house until Tuesday for Barkley and Goofy, my furry pals. They were very happy to see me, even Goofy who is usually so skittish. He hasn't been eating since Jenny and Doug left though (5th), so i bought some minced beef to mix in with his food tonight and make some treats with, so lets see if that works. 

Today was nice and relaxed, I woke up at 6am though, which sucked, did stay in bed until 7am then finally got up and got my cup of tea and breakfast. Went down and ordered the backseat covers for my car (from Wet Okole, I have the front seat ones, they're just so damn expensive I decided to split the front and back into two lots) as she's starting to loose the "newness" inside rapidly, then did a little shopping for some things for Italy (though I forgot to go to the bookstore for a good book - any suggestions anyone?), took the dogs to the Bark Park and am now going to make up those doggy treats and some Banana bread (and I promise not to mix the ingredients!). 

So an update on my bathroom - not quite finished, but pretty close - woo hoo! 


Nice shower, water can even come out of the shower head - woo hoo! 

A toilet - and I even used it yesterday - double woo hoo! Now i'm the second person I know to post a picture of their toilet (sorry nea, couldn't resist that one!).

The cabinets and sink - so it looks like the hardware are being screwed on and the cabinet above the sink needs doors, otherwise it's just put the main door on bathroom and viola - new bathroom! 

Barkely, standing guard in the kitchen. This picture makes her look fierce, which she most definitely is not! 

No comments: