Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to it.

Tomorrow marks "back to it" day. Getting back to many things that have been on hold for a while.

1. Back to work. Last week at WHOI was awesome, and though I got a few work things done and caught up with friends and collaborators alike (which is always important in this business), it's definitely time to get back to the nitty gritty - Lab Work & Paper Writing - both of which need to be done in earnest here in Canada

2. Proposal Finishing - Aug 15th. All the UH side is undercontrol, but 2 proposals still need the finishing touches put on them in my spare time up here. With limited lab hours (because it's a clean lab) I have the evenings. This I should have got to this long weekend, but to be honest, I was getting set up here, doing errands I need with the car I give back tomorrow, enjoying the unusual sunshine and catching up with my friends here, so i'm not feeling bad about it, just realistic I now need to pull my socks up on this.

3. Fitness. Yup, this has pretty much been on hold since my shin splints, but they are completely healed now and I have even been for a couple of short runs with no pain and no tight calf muscles. Just for the record, I love heel cups. Just the addition of those in my shoes seems to have made a world of difference to my calves. I'll also sign up with the gym and pool here, which is literally 5 minutes away and on-campus where I am staying. They have great equipment, limited pool hours unfortunately, but you can't win them all.

4. Eating Healthy. This last week consisted of lots of meals out and booze. Fun, but not so good for the waistline. My diet has kind of been on hold for a bit now, so i've bought some good healthy foods to live on while i'm here, so getting back to that too. I'm still on the cusp of 140lbs (literally, one day 139, the next 141), and really really want to get to 135lbs. So that's another goal for this next month away. Since the weekend has consisted of two fabulous BBQs and a rather large chocolate fondue, I can probably say i've got another extra pound or two to go too.....:0)

So that's my goals for August.......here goes nothing!

2 comments:

bsa said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! I've missed your entries--probably didn't check the last couple of days, but then, who is perfect. Once again yo are inspiring me toeat better and exercise more!

I am sorry about your Budget experience--especially since I have generally been please dwith them. Perhaps, though, it is because I seem to be at larger airports. i hope it all worked out.

Nicola said...

i am tagging along with you on #3 and #4. and as for #1 and #2....good luck. i have my own versions of those, but i think yours are more daunting!