Friday, July 9, 2010

Evolution of My Running


In shoes!!!! Well, I am a girl after all....:0) To the right, my first ever running shoes, in which I ran my first ever half marathon. Though I didn't really like that they were pink, thy did me well. Up until shin splints that is. In the middle are the pair I did my first marathon in. Still going well, though showing the signs of wear. And on the left, my brand new running shoes. Same type as the middle (Nike Structure Triax+), I love them and no shin splints since doing the swop, so i'm sold. These are the shoes I will do my second marathon in.

Yup, I signed up for round two, one of the last things I will do in Hawaii is run the Honolulu marathon, again. The shoes are a little early, but they were half price, so snuck in while I could, and I know my old ones won't stand up to a second marathon, so will need to get them sometime. I would say I hope for a better time, but with my away time coming up, alongside moving and teaching this fall, i'm not so hopeful. If I could sneak a little more convincingly under 6 hours I would be happy.

So let the training begin.....

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Awesome, RHian. For the girl who can't sit still!
Nicola