Sunday, November 25, 2007

Aloha Party #2

Stress......oh yes.....but boy am I glad that Stian is here, I would be a wobbly piece of jelly on the floor without him right now (and have already had one 3 yr old meltdown today). I don't think he really realises just how much he helps me out either, both in the physical by packing and lifting boxes, telling me I'm stupid to keep certain things, but also in the emotional by just being around, a friendly physical being, giving me a hug when I need it and some space when I need it too. Just having someone around while i make a mess of the house, doodle and meltdown is a comfort.

Today we had dinner at the Baileys, a wonderful affair of great food and even greater company. Said goodbye to the hamsters and aloha to Ellen and co. True friends are amazing things, and I'm really sad to leave all the great ones I've made here. Saying my goodbyes is proving very hard.

1 comment:

KMK said...

It's hard for us to say good bye to you, too, R. Then again, at least you're adding a great vacation destination for we New Englanders to visit! I'll have to go back to Rio to get one of those dental floss thingies before I head to aloha-land to visit you and catch up over a daquiri instead of a caipirinha (or however you spell it). ;)