Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hurricane Noel...

....well the tail end of anyway. Quick post to be updated later....my house has had no power since ~11am yesterday, most of Falmouth is out and all of Woods Hole. Apparently could be a while to fix too....oh well.....

Luckily work has generators, so if your in the right spot you can plug in a laptop....and by some miracle our servers are still working.......score!

Update - It's now Monday 7am, the power finally came back on at 6am! My freezer is oozing though, and I have stinky milk, so looks like I found a way to completely clear out my fridge freezer before I move...:0(

Being without power (more specifically TV) is nice once in a while. I like TV, it helps to bring my brain down and relax me occasionally, but this weekend was a nice time to catch up with friends (always more fun in the dark with others!), read a book by candlelight and go to bed early two days in a row (with nothing I could do about it so I was relaxed) - now that was really nice!

No comments: