Friday, November 2, 2007

Bottled water...

....to me it's one of those quandaries....to buy or not to buy? Now plain old water I do not buy (living on the cape with oil tainted water I have a filter on the tap), and I try not to buy bottled drinks while i'm out and about - sometimes it happens, but in general I try and take a flask or get a can. Aside from the generally bad ecological impact of all those plastic bottles flying around, I just don't like plain old water that much.

My quandary comes with fizzy water, which I really like, settles my stomach like nothing else (and with all this moving around it needs settling more than once or twice!) and is not something I can make either. Moreover when i have fizzy water around I drink more, which is better for me. I have real problems drinking enough in the day and often come back home parched, but just don't like plain old water enough to quench.

So good for me or good for the environment?

Not often a choice you have to make, and a hard one for me. And I guess maybe a little random, but something I was thinking of as I sit and drink my fizzy water with dinner......if anyone knows a good 'home maker' or substitute for fizzy water I would love to hear it.....:0)

2 comments:

Nicola said...

you could make your own at home :)
(leave it to the frugal DIY girl, eh?)

http://coffeetea.about.com/od/water/a/carbonation.htm

http://www.truetex.com/carbonation.htm

RGW said...

I still remember the "soda maker" we had as kids for a while and it was terrible - not only in taste of even fizzy water, but also didn't work well and was a pain to find the cartridges.....but that was a long time ago......:0)

Be good to know if they've improved any before making the outlay......i do like my fizzy water...:0)

I like the idea of the home-made link you sent.....if i ever have a house big enough for that set up would be cool!