Monday, November 5, 2007

Its Monday...

Yup, it most certainly is. And the post below I put up earlier today has definitely proved relevant. Why do Mondays always seem tougher than the rest of the week?

Today I started my day as I have the last two days - getting up at 5am with my headlamp and head towards the kitchen to start the stove for a cup of tea and a waterbottle refill. This morning started really well however, with the power suddenly coming on ~6am, just in time for my second cup. However with the light also came the realisation that I had "ooze" coming out of my freezer I really had to deal with sooner rather than later. Peering into my slightly soggy freezer I noticed the culprit - frozen bananas in the door - well Stian has always made fun of my frozen bananas, and though i'm not going to stop doing it (I hate wasting food...) I am now going to bag them first.....:0)

Having cleaned up at home I headed into work after a nice loooonnnngggg hot shower, I sit and have the most frustrating phone conversation with our procurement department (the crux of which involves some equipment that i've been waiting on to ship boxes to Antarctica and should have been ordered 2 wks ago has yet to be ordered). Immediately after which, as I am calling a friend, I decided my laptop needed a nice, full, hot, sugary cup of coffee just to perk up the day. Poor Kathy answered the phone to various expletives, the phone being dumped on the desk and fits of laughter from me and my office mate (laugh or cry right).

So my poor little not-so-old macbook is in the hands of the Mac Goddess, all in pieces smelling sweetly of coffee, with hopes of being revived soon. Hopefully a new keyboard and DVD drive will be winging it's way to Woods Hole in the next few days......please........

If life wasn't exciting enough I then had my 2nd dental appt......but that went really well, so no complaints there.....:0)

2 comments:

Nicola said...

funny. stian has never commented on my frozen bananas (nor has he complained about homemade banana bread), but then again, i peel and bag them before freezing. didn't know you did this. i go so far as to save veggie scraps for broth and butter wrappers for greasing pans before baking.

RGW said...

I think he complains because they are always the first thing to fall out of the freezer when you open it...:0)

I always have an end of a butter wraper on hand too!

I also save meat grease and fat, meat scraps, cheese ends and left over homemade soup and freeze it for use in dog biscuits and as a treat on Rileys dinner. He loves it. Have to be careful not to save anything store bought that has alot of salt in it though, not good for pups (or people really...).