Monday, March 17, 2008

Back in Chile

We just pulled into Punta Arenas, customs guys are onboard and suspect
in half an hour or so we'll be allowed off the ship. Not that much
wandering is in the cards today, we'll be helping to offload boxes and
cargo and I have to go and see if I can find a home for my coral
babies - rather than kill them now - they have not built skeletons...:
0( - i'm going to leave them in a fridge in the warehouse down here
and pick them up in 3 weeks when I'm back for the next cruise - if
they die I would have killed them today anyway, if they survive maybe,
just maybe, they'll build skeletons in that 3 weeks. Many of them are
attached and look like they are working on it, so i'm hopeful. Maybe I
can even get someone to change the water out
occasionally...........but that might be a long shot.

Nice sunny day today, so a good one for offloading (nothing worse than
offloading in the rain!) - Stian is already outside and getting the
vans ready to be taken off the boat. Nothing is allowed off the ship
until the customs guys have cleared us, so it's sit and wait for just
a little bit longer. Tonight we have the end of cruise dinner which
should be fun, good meal, chilean wine and getting off the ship! My
flights back are still not finalized, so not sure if i'm leaving
tomorrow or the day after.......we'll see.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wooooo hoooooo and Happy St.Patrick's Day to my favorite Welch and Italian/Hungarians since everyone is a wee bit Irish today!