Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bad Day?

Well, probably not bad. In the grand scheme of things it was probably a good day, but i've been feeling so very low all day, and now it looks like I may be coming down with a stomach bug. Ug. I miss Stian - not that I would wish me with a stomach bug on anyone, but I could use some hugs right now. I did get puppy hugs today, Jenny very kindly came and helped me move office furniture around this afternoon - the previous occupant finally moved out while I was away (well mostly), so I can spread out and stop working on top of my office mate, and maybe actually unpack. So I got to see Barkly and Goofy again, that was nice.

I feel my general unsettledness and unhappiness may be being compounded by the general state of disarray i've being trying to work in (not very successfully I might add). Now I have a lab space for lab things, and a good office space for office things, tomorrow i'll go in and unpack the boxes that have yet to be unpacked, maybe i'll even file things, go wild.

I also got a haircut today and I don't know whether it's just because i'm feeling so low or whether I just don't like it that much. I can't decide, i'm just not as excited about it as I hoped I would be. I'm very pragmatic when it comes to hair cuts, i've had everything from a shaved head to hair down to my butt, and up to this morning I was looking forward to having a change that matches the change in my life. I'll try and take a picture tomorrow and post it, see what you think. I'm hoping it will grow on me, otherwise I guess it's just grow it out, no biggy really considering i'm at sea for the next 6 weeks....

To try and make myself feel better this evening I went and got take out pizza for dinner (my favourite - Hawaiian - go figure), and it immediately came back out again. In some ways I hope it's just a bug thats bugging me and made me feel low all day, as that means it'll pass quickly hopefully. Stian then called tonight, so that picked me up a little (not enough to keep food down unfortunately), enough to try and do something I've always enjoyed doing - making doggy cookies. That was nice, though made me miss Riley boy. As soon as the oven goes off it's time for bed, I would love to sleep through the night tonight - so far i've not managed to sleep through yet and have been awake for a couple of hours around 2am, still on weird time zones. I'm sure thats not helping my general well-being either.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

ugh. feel better! :(