Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sampling

We're sampling - Blake Trawling - a type of small trawl thats pretty
tough and can be used in rougher weather. I got off shift at midday
having had no sampling at all last night. Went to bed and was woken
at ~3pm to say that a trawl was coming up. Up I jumped, went outside,
helped sampled, got my few corals and anemones and went back to bed
at around ~5.30pm. ~7.15pm another phone call, another trawl coming
up, jump out of bed, yadda yadda as above, and back to bed by
~9.30pm. 11.15pm Stian wakes me, yet another trawl is coming up. So
out I wander and grab my samples, only this time I'm now on watch so
can't go back to bed. In theory that is, the weather is still rough
and we now have plenty of animals so don't really need to do another
trawl, so we may have a little downtime waiting for it to calm down
enough to trawl, so maybe enough for another 1hr nap in there
somewhere.......

1 comment:

kmw said...

Sounds like you are keeping very busy. Glad to hear you are getting a good collection of your little buddies. When do you head back? Have lost track of how long you have been gone. DW