Thursday, March 13, 2008

Non-science

Blogger has just conked out so can't seem to upload anymore photos just at the moment. So here are a few non-science related ones. We're set to leave Palmer Station in about an hour, then in 5 days we'll be back at Punta Arenas, Chile. Though it's been a long cruise, it really hasn't seemed it, last bit really flew by. Oh - and the crossing ceremony was postponed to tonight, as we ended up working alot later than we thought at Station E. So i'm off to get my costume ready.....One of our more hairy landings through the ice. This is where I got really wet, you can't really see how deep it is through the ice chunks and alas it was past the top of my wellies!

Stian attempting to teach this scientist knots......yeah right.......

Rothera Base - British Antarctic Survey.......nice to be on a wee bit of Britain again......:0)

The Polar Plunge....


The Gould amongst the fjords of Marguerite Bay

Happy Fur Seal, basking in our one sunny day!

2 comments:

kmw said...

Thanks for sharing the great photos. May your crossing be uneventful. DW

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens! I wish you could see me right this very minute! I am pure mush! My kids can tell you that it means Mom is about to cry! Truely! I am on the public computer at the Yonkers Library catching up on news and e-mails and just logged on for a quick update. Wrote to Stian yesterday and thought I'd see what you were up to today so that I stay in touch with normality! I love all the photos. Thank you, thank you for a perfect ending to a full day.