Friday, July 18, 2008

Station F

lat - 66'59S
long - 69'42W
Area - Station F
Water Depth - 604m

Air Temperature - -22.6C
Sea State - Large pancake ice, and still flat calm! 

We're at station F, just in time for my shift to come on watch again.....no rest for the wicked I guess. It's been another beautiful day, clear air, bright red and orange sunshine, and we can still see Adelaide Island, so that has been beautiful today with the full moon rising over the mountains. Stunning. So far we've collected one set of Megacore mud, a plankton trawl and a long mud core (Kaston Core). So it's been not so busy, which has actually been nice, I managed to watch an episode of Battlestar Gallactica (the new one) with Stian this afternoon, that was really nice, feel like it's the first time i've spent time with him in days! But it's now dinner time and after dinner brings up a trawl, which is my busy spot, so that'll keep me going till midnight i'm sure. 


*******************************

1 comment:

LSULiv said...

Hey again, Rhian! You'll have to let me know when you're back and maybe we can cross paths. The temps here are definitely nowhere near the low temps you're experiencing-- but I'm sure you could've guessed such :) Have a good weekend! ~O