Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

Anything special happened to you? No? Didn't think so.....:0)

Today was a good day though, I finally got caught up on sleep (it's been a long week of early mornings and late nights), especially after yesterdays 10 miler (which went surprisingly awesome!). So although I still woke up at 5am, I stayed in bed and managed to snooze some more until 7, then ate breakfast in bed doodling on the net. My kind of morning....:0)

Then I went on a hike with a bunch of people from work. We did the Williwilinui trail, which goes right up a ridge into the center of Oahu. It started out hot, but unfortunately the clouds came in before we got to the top, so no long views for us, but it was so so nice to be out and hiking, and I came back covered in mud, sweaty and happy....:0) I did forget my camera though - doh! So excuse the poor quality photos from my phone!

The gang

Part of the trail - it was pretty good, but we were lucky it hadn't rained in a few days, otherwise it would have been super slippy!
Insert view over Kailua on the windward side here.....
Another cool thing happened this weekend. On saturday I ran my 10 miler around Diamondhead, and I am now officially over 500 miles on my mile counter (which started just after I finished my first half marathon - my first try at running - and so is a little low!) - woo hoo! Zero miles to 500 miles in just over a year. That makes me happy too!

Hope everyone had a happy weekend too!

No comments: