Sunday, October 17, 2010

A day at the beach.

Today we celebrated Laura's birthday with a beach day - yeah! I can't remember the last time I spent ALL day at the beach, but it's been a really long time (like, I don't think i've done it since moving to Hawaii!). The day started with some diving, followed by a picnic, more diving and more picnic! Over two dives we saw octopus, white tip reef sharks, moray eels, tons of reef fish (including two purple wrasse who were so cute!) and lots and lots of turtles! After the disappointment of Alaska diving (or lack there of), it was so nice to get in the water with good friends.

Can't get a much better sunday than that, and it was super nice to not spend the weekend packing! Tomorrow a big day, my car is leaving the island, i'm dropping it off at the shipping port tomorrow morning bright and early. Gulp!

Cordellia, Me, Laura and Jeff ready for a fun dive at the Haleiwa Trench! Why am I wearing a hood and gloves? Just trying out some of Laura's kit she likes for cold-water diving, so I have an idea of what I need for Maine!

A paddleboarder rides out at sunset.

Sunset over Kaena Point.

Hope you all had a good weekend too!

No comments: