Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ahhhhhhh......

Traffic is driving me crazy!

Monday the students came back, I helped Jenny take Goofy pup to the vet at 8.30am, we were back by 9.30am and headed straight to work. There were no parking spaces on campus. I had to street park in an area where I had to move my car at 2.30pm. Ug.

Today I got into work quickly, was at the campus at 8.15am, BUT it took me 30 minutes to find a parking space in the multistory lot.....

Never again will I complain at having to drive around for 5 minutes to find a space in Woods Hole....

3 comments:

kmk said...

Hey Rhien,
I remember that multistory lot! I also remember deciding to park on that one long street (forget the name) parallel to the university, where everybody could park for free. But I got there at 5 am when there were still spot available...Then when I moved to makiki, it was a 20 minute walk to campus, which I much preferred over trying to park on campus!
Best of luck to you dealing with all those crazy probs. at the office. Not fun, but hey, you're in Hawaii, people are thinking. But I do remember my grad student office had no windows, I shared it with 4 others, and I spent night and day in it, and I had people saying "you're so lucky you are in school in Hawaii" and I was thinking "I could be anywhere, I haven't seen the beach in a week!!!"
My kids still talk about you from the bowling alley -that was a really fun night for them!

RGW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RGW said...

Yeah, i'm getting kind of sick of people telling me how lucky I am to be living in Hawaii, not that I feel unlucky, but it's not the most efficient place i've ever lived.

Stian told me "on the good side, you have a new car" last night, so i'm trying to be more positive....as i do love my Beach Belle......

Hugs to the kids - I had fun their too, Kawai is a killer bowler!