Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crazy cat lady....

It's been a weird weekend, been grumpy most of the time with little reason. In many ways I think i'm still feeling displaced, not quite settled as yet - next weekend I move into my shoebox, and am really looking forward to having my own space again - it seems like forever since i've really had somewhere to unpack to and space of my own to do only what I want in. Jenny and Doug have been fabulous, as was Nicola and family last month, but it's been such a long time since i've lived with anyone that i'm just so looking forward to having my own space again. Feeling pathetic, like i'm turning into the crazy cat lady, only without cats. And i've been missing Riley pup so much this last few days.

Today was even busy too, went out to the North Shore with Les and Anne (one of his graduate students from Maine), will post some pics tomorrow when I download. Was fun, I just wasn't totally in the mood I, need to figure out how to relax my brain more I think. We even had giant shave ice, which was so tasty - sugar and ice, how can you go wrong?




Les, Anne and I on the beach....shortly before getting covered with a wave










Anne and I, with our giant shave-ices












Waves never look as big in photos as they really are. These are 20ft plus - all beaches closed. Pretty awesome, even covered my new car in sea-spray!

5 comments:

Nicola said...

i don't blame you. i want my own space again too, but i think i can kiss that goodbye for awhile. ;) hee hee. i posted this on my blog for you too, but very appropriate here:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/13/RE1GUC3NT.DTL&hw=hawaii+real+estate&sn=001&sc=1000

RGW said...

Nice, maybe i'll move to the big island, about the only place outside of Utah I can afford. I hear them on the mosquitos too.....i'm covered in red welts from the North Shore trip.....

Anonymous said...

You've been busy, Crazy Cat Lady! I love Beach Belle. And I hope you get a monitor soon...and your grants, desk, phone, etc. Imagine you're using a laptop in the meantime? Those waves look a little big for kayaking!

Anonymous said...

Saw Riley yesterday, in the DOG House playing with Bear... being his normal goofy self, so had to be banished so we could have a meeting. He said he misses you, but he's not about to let it affect his playtime!

RGW said...

Riley!