Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Swim and a Mai Tai

After work today I went for a swim at Waikiki and then a mai tai and dinner at Dukes on the strip with Liz and Chris. Was nice to get out, remind myself why people keep telling me i'm lucky to be in Hawaii. It was beautiful, and even relaxing, i've been such a miserable cow all week, just seemed to wake up Saturday morning in a bad mood and let it continue. Tonight it had a brief respite which was nice, and I think I am feeling a little more up than the weekend. I now have a desk, I have a chair, I have a monitor (found my one from my "home" boxes), I have filing inserts (still haven't filed anything), I have $6K of startup promised (not received) - still no phone, grants, account numbers, full pay, pay direct to my bank, IP address or credit card - but the desk and chair are nice.....Three more days and i'll move into the shoebox.

Interesting fact : - The Mai Tai is a well-known alcoholic cocktail purportedly invented at the Trader Vic's "Polynesian-style" restaurant in Oakland, California in 1944

No comments: