Saturday, January 19, 2008

Shoebox!

Well, I'm in! Jenny helped me move all my junk today, went surprisingly fast, so have spent most of the afternoon and evening unpacking. I'm pooped, so this is mainly a picture post. Hopefully some "unpacked" pictures tomorrow....

My shoebox! This is standing right up against the corner. You can see off to the right is the separate kitchen.

Inside the galley kitchen - for storage space it's actually larger than my kitchen in Falmouth! I'm at the very end, to my left is a fridge.....still no dishwasher....one day!

The back deck - I need to take a photo of the front deck but it's covered in boxes right now. There is a really cute swing seat out front. Here in the back there is room for a small table and two chairs, so i'm on a mission to find some, as the view (below) is fabulous....

What I will be waking up to each morning, pretty sweet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that view!!!!!! Reminds me of our view from Makiki but yours looks higher up in the valley. Where is your place anyway?
Congratus on having your own space, it's a bit larger than a shoebox so that is great!

RGW said...

It's super cool - my bed is right in the corner, so surrounded by windows on two sides - i love it! And now everything is (mostly) packed away, it's actually plenty of space for me.

I'm up in Manoa right up on the right hand side of the valley - not too far from Manoa School. Really nice up here, quiet, cool breeze and most of all safe.

Anonymous said...

I thought it looked like Manoa. I had a cool job when I was at UH -- I exercised a woman's lab dogs (show dogs)through the Manoa Valley. I got $200 amonth to run her dogs 3 miles a day, 3 days a week. It was sweet. I grew very fond of that area! Have you done Manoa falls yet?

Nicola said...

did my comment post? got an error message. very cute and we miss you!

RGW said...

I miss you guys too - big hugs to La La and Finn.....super cute photo you posted on your blog of him smiling!