Friday, July 17, 2009

The best laid plans......

3pm on friday and alas, neither of the proposals I wanted to send around for university signatures is going to go today. And not for want or trying either. 

One stumbling block after another - one I thought I had ready yesterday and was putting all the pieces together when we discovered we needed another (friggin) form that needed signatures from everyone - including the guy over on Coconut Island, on the other side of the Oahu. The internal mail is pretty fast over there, but not fast enough to get back to me today, so that's going to be monday, at the earliest. The other one was just waiting on some budget figures, which I just got and had almost finished uploading them online, when the system went into "scheduled maintenance" which is going to last until sunday..........

Can we all say ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH really loudly? At least I know that one will get done on Monday. The third National Geographic one (to look at corals in Alaska) is looking great though, and I'm sure will be done on the weekend, so at least one is behaving itself! 

The other good news for the day is that I do NOT have to move offices before I go, nor will someone try and move me while i'm away. Phew. I just hope it stays that way......

Have a good weekend everyone! 

No comments: