Thursday, February 7, 2008

Testing Testing

Todays moan and groan will be posted by email (hopefully), to test
this out before i head to sea on saturday. The theory is I can keep
this blog updated while down in the Antarctic by sending posts by
email (as we don't have internet access). I'll put a picture on the
end of here too, just to see if that works.

Today (and it is only 10.30am) has been a typical "Hawaii" day. A few
days ago I went to the local post office just down the road from my
house, a parcel I sent to my older brother in the UK for Christmas
never got there, so I wanted to register it as missing and get the
insurance claim underway. This post office is just a small one, so I
couldn't do it there and they told me to go to the Ala Moana post
office. Although Ala Moana is less than 3 miles away, it still takes
30 minutes to get there, and in after work traffic, considerably
longer. So I decided to go there this morning first thing. I get
there and the guy behind the counter says "Oh no, we can't do that
here, you just have to call this number and register it as
missing".......now why couldn't they have told me that at my local!

I then went to the AT&T store to get my phone signed up to work while
i'm in Chile (for emergencies). The girl behind the counter asked me
where I was going, I said Chile, she then asked "so where in Africa
is that?". Nice.

Parking also drove me crazy, the multistory lot was again full (at
9.45am!!!), so it took me a good 40 minutes of driving around to find
a space. Needless to say i'm now at work and steaming. Need to go and
get a coffee, that might bring me down a little.....

So here is a picture (I hope) of me and Kate....I miss you Kate!

2 comments:

kmw said...

no picture but the message is there....DW

RGW said...

Hmmmm, just tried posting another photo and no luck - going to try making them of various sizes, supposed to work......we'll see! Would be nice to put antarctic photos up there....