Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hibiscus Half Marathon

One of my goals for this year was to run a half marathon, to help me get back into shape and to really try out running, a free exercise that i've never really taken off with before. Well, i've done it, i've signed up for the Hibiscus Half Marathon, which runs on the 14th June here on Oahu. 13.1 miles around Diamond Head. 

The main reason I signed up for this particular event is that it's a low key half marathon - runners, walkers and jogging strollers are all allowed, so I figured a good event for me to try and get my feet into and not kill myself. My goal is of course to try and run as much of it as possible, to enjoy the event and to get some good motivation. A second major reason I signed up for this one, is that all the proceeds of this event go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and what better reason to go and run in the sun than making some money for a good charity. And, of course, i'm participating in honor of my little blog buddy Mollie who is doing an awesome job fighting leukemia right now. 

Anyone else in Hawaii want to run/walk/stroller or volunteer with this event? Check out the Team in Training webpage to see how you can join in. I'm off for a swim....

3 comments:

PleaseRecycle said...

Just read this... awesome! I haven't told Mollie (she's asleep), but I'll be sure to tell her tomorrow!

Can I put a link on her webpage?

RGW said...

Absolutely!

Nicola said...

good for you, rhian!