Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Birthday wishes

Many thanks to all for the wonderful birthday wishes, I have had a great day! I actually spent all morning in the lab - now I know that might sound boring to some, but to me it was bliss (not as much bliss as still being in Haleakala, but bliss none the less!). No proposal writing, no dealing with stuff, just pure, unadulterated SEM time! 

Today (and the last few days) have been punctuated by kind emails and cards, special skype calls, personalized photo emails (from Lucy and Elise), facebook messages, and some wonderful gifts. I have no favorites, i've enjoyed all these birthday things, thank you to everyone for making a fun and special day! 

And I just heard that tomorrow is a Hawaii holiday - King Kamehameha day!

3 comments:

PleaseRecycle said...

Happy Birthday! Nothing better than getting a holiday you didn't know you had...

PleaseRecycle said...

I also want to wish you luck this weekend and tell you how much we appreciate your hard work!!

RGW said...

Thanks Sarah! Hope you have a great weekend at the reception!