Saturday, June 27, 2009

Projects

Hope you've all had a good saturday! Had a good one here. Started with pottery class, which I always love, got to pick up some more fired pieces too - yay! Then I came home and played with the doggies for a little while, and then out to a volunteer meeting for Project Visitation. This is a project i've just started to become involved in (i've been assigned my first family this week) and they are having a "camp out" in a couple of weeks which I am helping with. It's a great group of people and should be a fun camping weekend. 

Then back home, play with the doggies and now i've just got back in from a 2.5 mile run. I've not managed to get much running in since the half marathon. Mainly because i'm still sore from that event! I've managed to give myself shin splints (with my super tight calves I guess it was inevitable), luckily they seem to have calmed down with 2 weeks of rest so I tried out a little jog today.  I've been swiming instead of running this last 2 weeks, try and keep up momentum. Amazingly (and I NEVER thought this would happen), i've actually missed running.......

Here are a few of my crafty things over the last week. Hope you're having a great weekend! 

My latest pottery. These were really trial pieces - i'm trying to get the hang of mugs (harder than it looks!) and a bowl and plate that are misshapen. The cool thing about these trial pieces are the brown glaze - that's actually mud all the way from Antarctica that I mixed with a transparent glaze and painted on there. So when I finally get some non-misshapen pieces to glaze I now know how that mud is going to react and the colours it's going to give me.  

My first crochet clothing! My crochet has pretty much been limited to blankets and toys up until now, this was my first clothing pattern, and man it was a stinker! This sweater for Hannah and her trip to the East coast actually started life as a cardigan.......

Two little bear buttons on the neck of the sweater...

3 comments:

PleaseRecycle said...

That sweater is so stinkin' cute! And the antarctic mud is a nice touch on the pottery!

Nicola said...

you are soooo talented! you know from my email, i already think that sweater is darn cute! what did hannah think? and your pottery....is getting SO good. you are one talented lady! i enjoy stian's tea bag strainer (what is that called, really?) every day!

RGW said...

Hopefully it's keeping Hannah warm in Oregon right now! I still wish it was a cardigan, but ah well, maybe i'll try the next size up......

Not sure on the strainer name - just a tea bag dish I think. We saw them in NZ, can't remember what they are called. In the UK where tea bags come strong enough to double brew, it's great to put them somewhere they will dry so you can use them again!