Monday, November 9, 2009
Slow Cooker Chicken Casserole
I bought a small slow cooker a while back while on sale at Costco. Primarily I use it for cooking steel cut oatmeal overnight for a tasty morning breakfast, but I'm trying to branch out. Today I made a version of this recipe - Julia's Easy Slow Cooker Chicken - and I have to say, it was delicious! And so easy to prepare in the AM before heading out the door (an essential!).
- Two chicken breasts - I used frozen that had been semi-defrosted overnight in the fridge - cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- One potato, washed and cut into inch cubes (skin on - I love potato skin!)
- 1/2 cup of carrots (I used fresh baby carrots)
- 1 can of cream of celery soup (i'm sure any cream soup will do!)
- 2 "cans" of water - pour water into the empty soup can twice to wash out the dregs
Put all together in the slow cooker, slap on low and come back after work to tasty chicken casserole!