Monday, June 2, 2008


I have 12 mosquito bites on my right leg and 9 on my left. I also apparently I need root-canal on my tooth thats been having problems, they wanted to start today, but I was too much of a mess to do it. My insurance will cover me some of the procedure, but not the crown to go on top. Grand total ~$1500. Worst of all I look after my teeth really well. I spend a fortune on good toothpaste, toothbrushes, washes etc, to the point where Stian makes fun of me. Just when I was starting to get on top of things financially too something crappy like this always happens. 

I'm also afraid i'm starting to get a phobia of dentists, I really turned into a mess as soon as he mentioned root-canal, and I just couldn't stay in there any longer, I couldn't breath, it was ridiculous. I'm not sure I could ever show my face in there again come to think of it. 

I've had so many "bad-dentist" experiences that i would just like someone to pull all my teeth out right now and be done with it. As an example the last dentist who started a crown for me broke off my tooth resulting in me having to have it pulled (by a different dentist I had to drive 30 minutes to because he didn't do "that"). That same dentist also did 3 fillings (2 redone childhood ones) - one of which fell out a month later while I was at sea, one fell out about a year later, and two years later this root-canal is now in the same tooth as the last one that he did............and i'm not even going to go into my wisdom teeth experiences here, just way too traumatic......

....did I mention my mosquito bites also itch like hell.......:0(

2 comments:

Nicola said...

R, try gold bond medicated cream (buy the store brand version, cheaper!) for the itches. ugh about the dentist. are you going to be here this summer? can it wait? our dentist is great great great. `could you email me the swing picture? bella says it is too small and she says she would like me to print a copy so she can hold it. :)

RGW said...

Thats super cute, though the photo is not as good in big size (the bags under my eyes really come out!) I'll put one in the email today. Thanks for the itch advice too, i'm just about out of benadryl cream, so time to try something new! AND I just ordered a mosquito net for me bed.......feel like i'm really in the wilds.....:0)