Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm a sucker...

...for kitchen stores. It's ridiculous in fact, I can go into just about any other type of store and walk away without the slightest regret if I don't buy something. Kitchen stores however, just rock. I suddenly "need" all these gadgets and gizmos i've never heard of, but would make life so much more worth living. It's even worse when the store has all these cool eco items, that I just have to have........shopping and consumerism, I hate it, but there is my downfall, kitchen stores.  
So I found a great kitchen store today, while doodling around after going to the Diamond Head farmers market. It was very large and very full of shiny things, and not absurdly priced like i'm used to out here. Yet I did resist fairly well, I came away with only ice pop molds and two cute cookie cutters (did I say I have a thing for cookie cutters too?). The former was on sale 50% off, and the others were only 90c each, so it was good, yet i've come away with my usual yearning for other shiny gadgets.........sigh......

Onto the ice-pop molds. I saw these a while ago while googling one day. I've been looking for some ice pop molds for sometime (i like ice pops and it's hotter than hell right now), yet my tiny freezer doesn't have a lot of space for the usual stand up ones (no space in fact). 

Viola Lekue silicone ice pop molds.....you can store them in the freezer on their sides, upside-down, or even be novel and have them the right way up, and they won't leak. I have yet to test this as i've only just washed them, but will let you know. Perfect for left over smoothies, juices or (as in the instructions that came with them), frozen mojitos.....mmmmm, I like the way they think.....

No comments: