Sunday, June 8, 2008

The weekend

A relaxing weekend, which was nice, hope you all had a good one too. Mine involved a short hike on the Pu'u Pia trail up to a lookout on saturday, just an hours hike from my house to the top, so that was nice. I then doodled most of the rest of the day away and went to Paul's birthday party in the evening. Sunday was even lazier, I didn't get out of my PJs until noon, though admittedly I had been up since 7am, doing various things like laundry and tidying. I then went for a drive (wasteful on gas I know, but it was a dingy day so it was nice to get out) and also bought myself my birthday present to myself (see below). 

The top of the Pu'u Pia trail, a nice short hike, though it was really hot and muggy, and i'm really unfit from all the cruises, so it was good exercise! 


A red-faced me looking out over the Manoa valley

And in the other direction we have Honolulu

The way back down - just as the rain came in. It's started being wet again, and this made this trail really slippery in places, lots of mud.


My mosquito net - that has successfully stopped me being bitten anymore in the last few days, but was a total pain in the ass to put up. 


My birthday present to myself - a new side table, and a bargain at City Mill. This way I can get my underwear out of cardboard boxes in the cupboard and put them away finally! Fits in nicely, and I bought a magazine rack for beside the bed too (the darker wicker basket in front), the bedside seems to collect so many magazines (esp. when Stian is around!) I thought this would store them away nicely. 

No comments: