Monday, September 15, 2008

Back and Phew!

So I'm back (and i'm still not up to date with posting Italy photos!), arrived back in Honolulu yesterday and was picked up by Jenny and whisked away to a yummy diner lunch.....mmmmm for big greasy burgers (though admittedly not helping with my health food kick). 

Yesterday I literally dumped my bags then headed right to work - this morning at 9.30am I had to do my first ever graduate student lecture, and I was not in the least bit prepared. And now, though relieved that I am on the other side of it, I have to say it sucked and I feel bad for them. I guess I was hoping it would be a talkative group that we could just have a discussion instead of my lecturing (after all it is one of my more favourite topics of invertebrate sex), but alas, they were stone cold silent throughout and I bungled along hoping for just one interested question.....but alas no. I did do good handouts though, so at the least, they have those notes.........and hopefully I didn't confuse them completely........

Better luck next time.....and at least my next lectures are on coral reefs.....everyone loves coral reefs right??

No comments: