Sunday, September 28, 2008

Croc-a-doodles

I have two baby geckos living under my orange crocs on my back porch. I've called them Croc and Doodle. Trying to get a photo, but they keep going under the slats before I can click. 

My little back deck, with chair, cooler, BBQ and my orange "gardening" crocs that Lala (aka NEA) gave me. I love this little back deck, but don't get to use it much, as it faces the rain direction so is almost always wet out there. Les, Alison and I are trying to come up with an  awning scheme for it so I can use it to sit out on more often. 

Leaning over the railing there you can see my little garden (on a concrete patio the previous owners had an old hot tub on). At the moment I have 3 papaya trees, mint, basil, hoards of bitter (old) lettuce. The cucumber, tomatoes, sugar snap peas and peppers are all starting to sprout. I love that it's nearly october and i'm just sprouting.....:0)

This weekend has been relaxing, got lots of little chores done, though have loads more to do around the house. It was Stian's birthday on saturday and I missed not seeing him for it (though I have never actually seen him for his birthday (nor he for mine) because of cruise schedules). I dipped into my first experiment with natural soap making, but more on that in another blog. I spent a ton in walmart (yes I know, the axis of evil...) for lab things. Did manage to to swimming, though have fallen off the wagon a little with the healthy eating (those Trader Joes chocolate covered raisins started screaming at me for not eating them yet), so i'm not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow AM (as of yesterday i'd lost just under 3 pounds). We'll see at the Goal Post #2. 

No comments: