Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nice Hawaii

So i've posted so much on how much Hawaii bugs me, I realised I hadn't blogged on my last few days which have been really superb. Actually since I got back i've felt more relaxed and happy than i've been since I got here, I guess without the worry of running away so soon to another cruise, I can finally relax and BE in Hawaii.....

- My -80C freezer arrived. Now I can have all of my samples in my lab - woo hoo! 

- The super TEM/SEM ladies. I just love working in that lab, they are so nice. On friday they gave me an old microscope (still totally functional and perfect for looking at wet histology slides under) and a stir plate. They have previously given me a microtome. This accounts for around $20K+ of stuff they have given me should I have had to buy new. They love it because I collect old equipment thats been sitting around taking up space. I love it because the more equipment I have, the more work I can do in my lab rather than in other peoples....

- Just getting some work done. This week I ordered some equipment, got supplies ready for a histology push next week and even processed into blocks a whole bunch of TEM samples. I love doing lab work, just wish I had more time to do more. 

- Just stopping in the corridor to catch up with people and say hello. That has been SOOOOOO nice....

- Pedicure with Jenny, that was so much fun! 

- Having a great day with Alison - which involved going to the farmers market, eating tofu burgers, buying and planting herbs and papaya trees (!), going swimming, have a sausage cook-out! 

No comments: