Friday, September 26, 2008

The Wrapsack

Anyone who has either received a gift from me, or follows this blog regularly, knows how much i love WrapSacks - reusable cloth gift bags. So why do I love wrapsacks?

- They are reusable (or precycled!), even better than recyclable! 

More interesting than home made these have a free website attached - you put in the code of the bag and you can follow the bags journey being passed from person to person. The website is free to use, you just have to sign up (and you don't get spam from them which is nice) and off you go! The website does sometimes mess up the order of the tracks though, but I wrote in recently and am told they are working on it. They have been really responsive to questions too, which is nice. 

If I had a sewing machine (and room to put one) I would make gift bags as well, but I would still buy some of these too, to give to people I know love this stuff and know would pass them on. I do love seeing my bags travel - i'm actually number 15 on the highest mileage wrapsters! 

They come in some really cool patterns and a whole variety of sizes! 

So lets talk prices - 
mini - $3.99 Small - $4.99 Medium/wine - $5.99
Large - $8.49 X Large - $9.99

So not cheap at all, which is why making would be good (though as said, I would still buy some, as I like the tracking option for uniqueness). BUT, there are ways to get them cheaper - Bulk buying in their value packs gets you $10+ savings, and looking on their "flavour of the month" is their older designs - you save $1+ (~$4 on the large sizes) on each bag. Pretty much all of my bags come from these options, unless there is a design that is 'so' someone I know. I buy once or twice a year, as the postage is a flat $5.60 no matter how much or where (which is great for Hawaii!), and everytime i've bought from them, i've been given a bag or two free, and even had some of the cards (which are not as hot) and zip bags free too! I like small companies! 

I also include the price of the sack in the gift I am giving, as I figure it really is a part of the gift and can either be used by the recipient as a baggy, or used as gift wrap saving them some $$. I'm pretty strict on myself on this, so it works. The only time I really don't is when i'm filling them for Stian to take to sea with "at-sea goodies", but after the initial outlay, we've been using the same 4 bags for 2 years now.....so I figure we're good on that....:0)

So wrapsacks, i love them! 

3 comments:

Nicola said...

i love these too, as they are cute and earth friendly. honestly, though, the way they track the bags drives me nuts. the last one i passed on, i gave up. they "require" so much information. i don't want to name the sack and tell all about who it went to and for what! i just want to enter the sack number and location and be done with it!
i love regifting these, but i am still working through a huge stash of received paper gift bags i have kept for reuse (in fact, i have never bought a gift bag!). gotta clean out the gift wrap stash, actually. thanks for the motivation!

RGW said...

Yeah, it's a lot of info to put in. I find it kind of cute though, but thats me...:0)

K-Way said...

So I had dinner with Kate B yesterday and I told her to get on Skype....well see if she actually does it.

K