Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Weekend!


It's that time again - happy weekend everyone! This morning as I sat eating my cereal with my front door open (think airflow) a wonderful scent wafted in, just like Lei's, and it is these fragrant flowers blooming just outside Grodnick. Wonderful! 

So today has been another mixed day. I gained a much nicer and newer microtome today, barely used and makes wonderful sections. I made my first slides in my lab today, from material that has been waiting 3 years to be done. I talked to an enthusiastic student who has some amazing results and is ready to get going on her paper(s). 

But I also found out today that the graduate student community knows me as the "faculty who looks like she's 18". Kind of funny and kind of not. I'm just frustrated. And i've tried to look my age (I just want to look 30). I don't go to work in t-shirts and jeans, I don't wear sneakers to work, I wear accessories, I cut my hair, I do up my hair, I stop short of make-up (marine biologists just don't do makeup). What more can I do???

But I felt more up when I got home, three parcels were waiting for me, and I love parcels. I even love parcels that I know are things i've bought for other people. And today I knew what two of my parcels were, and have been waiting for them for a week! 

My annual WrapSack purchase! One of my favorite things to open! 

My Wrap-N-Mat.......as I use i'll let you know how it goes....

And my surprise 3rd parcel....from my mum! An interesting array of socks, smellies and my favorite, photos of family! New pictures of Jack and Ruby for my kiddy fridge. Thanks Mum!

No comments: