Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Weekend!

Happy Weekend everyone! This weekend, it's just a montage of photos from the last two days. I've actually managed to experience some of the Hawaii that most people here think of when they think of the islands. Thank you Annette for visiting me! 

Being delivered to our surf lesson on Waikiki, we had a great teacher, and this school had a camera man on the beach, so we got some photos of the experience! 

Yes Annette, you do look awesome! 

Whereas I just look like i'm concentrating too hard on not falling over.....

But the surf princess did go down.....

.....as did I.......maybe the photographer was not such a good idea......

After our surf lesson we went on a hot and sticky 2 hr hike around the Makiki hills. It was beautiful, if a little sweaty under the canopy....

Today Daniel (from UH, PhD student who came to Antarctica with me to work on the corals) took Annette diving on the North Shore.

So me and another friend from WHOI, Dreux, went snorkeling and hung around the beach. This beach was pretty awesome (the word of the day), as there were tens of sea turtles all around (I saw three so close when I snorkeled), and I caught this picture of a little lady on the beach just hanging out. 

Cute isn't she. 

Annette and Dreux talking turtle....

3 comments:

PleaseRecycle said...

OMG! I love the sea turtles! It's fun hanging around home doing the tourist kind of things you don't usually do, isn't it? (And especially if home is Hawaii!!)

Anonymous said...

All the pictures are great but I love the last one best! What a life!

RGW said...

Totally! After the last few days I guess I need to stop complaining about living in Hawaii.....this is what I need to do regularly to remind myself that I am lucky to be here, and to wipe away the "Hawaii Time" work frustrations!