Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Weekend!

Well it's been a bad bank week (for me and the rest of the world I guess), that just makes me frustrated and so ready to crawl out of my hole of student debt that it feels like i'm going to sit under for the rest of my life. Feeling somewhat punished for being a low credit rating person (an alien as homeland security likes to call me), and frustrated at my seeming inability to climb out of it. Lessons learned the hard way every time and unsure why i'm just so dumb at the financial stuff, when I can be so smart at others. 

And I don't want to talk about that anymore, so am focusing on the good things. 

The big one being that tomorrow I am flying to Boston, being picked up by my lovely friends Kathy and Rod, picking up some items from REI, driving down to Woods Hole........and.........wait for it....seeing Riley! Oh how i've missed Riley, he would have made the last few days more bearable (and again, that makes me wish for the permanent position where I could actually settle and get a dog (insert really big sigh right here). It has been almost a full year since I've seen Riley, and all my Woods Holians too, so i'm looking forward to this trip. A three day workshop that conveniently is both right up my alley (deep-water corals) and in a place I love with friends I love. Yay! And sunday involves a typical Fornari dinner, with all those i've missed the most around. Insert big smile here. 

So focus, focus, focus. Riley! 

No comments: