Monday, October 13, 2008

Ode to Kate Buckman

Though a friend for just 7 years
Hearing your name is like music to my ears
Oh I miss my favorite companion
How we used to play and shenanigan

How we loved to drive Dan mad
But come on really, were the rabbits that bad?


We’ve done some amazing things together
Through thick and thin and forceful weather


There’s no-one I’d rather share a sinking ship
We’d paddle to the sunset, toodly pip



Working hard, that is our goal
Not to mention some rocking and roll

30 years flies by fast
Lets make the memories and the next 30 last

Though I am sad I have moved away
I think about you everyday
So I wrote this little ode to say
Happy Birthday Kate Buckman, I’ll always be this way

So lets play again soon, okay?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a great friend, Rhian. Happy Birthday to Kate!

Nicola said...

i love it, R. i don't know you kate, but happy birthday!
and R is so reserved around here. who knew she was a wild one!?

PleaseRecycle said...

Rhian you have a gift! That is a fabulous ode!

RGW said...

Just call me Keats........waiting for the publishers and then i'll be buying my millionaire's mansion in Maui......

K-Way said...

There is one picture in there (when you had bangs) where you and Kate look like you are 14 yrs old and up to no good! hehe