Friday, November 7, 2008

Fridays....

Despite this being a 4 day week here (though I worked tuesday anyhow) I am so tired this morning. Had a bad day yesterday and think it was all on my brain last night. Didn't get a positive response on trying to get some $$ to do the Antarctic larvae work that me and K-Way want to do. Got an all round bitchy response from the program manager in fact. Totally sucks. And then I sliced into my thumb on the microtome (while trying to take my mind off strangling program managers), and i'd just about shed the stress when it was time to tell K-Way of what went down, so got all stressed about it again. And I hadn't finished writing my lecture for this morning at that point either (which was 10pm). 

Today I just finished my first lecture, and have to finish writing my lecture for 2.30pm today (which has the grand total of 5 slides in it right now), and the coffee filter just broke in my machine, so I have crunchy coffee. Bad things come in 3s, so i'm waiting for what tomorrow holds.....


So I just had an email this morning saying my little sub (well, not mine, but i've been in it!) is going to be on the NBC Today show on monday - 10th Nov between 7-8am (EST). Ann Curry got to dive down with some friends of mine, so be sure to tune in. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it is bad form to strangle station managers and am glad that you can show restraint!!!

How's your thumb?

What was the third thing to happen to you today?

RGW said...

Thumb is good, luckily no chunks taken out....:0)

The third was our secretary being as useless as ever, drives me crazy how every bit of paperwork she's supposed to do for us gets returned at least 3 times before she gets it right. Which is fine until your waiting for a reimbursement check.......