Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Weekend!

Well, i've had a G&T down and am now tucked up in bed, so I can truly say "Happy Weekend". Oh my, I was ready for it today. Tomorrow, bright and early it's time for Antarctic Physical blood work and chest x-ray, and then onto work to get some lab things done. Time is ticking for this trip to New Zealand, and I NEED to get some things off my list. 

So have a good one everyone! 


Props from the RV Ronald H Brown, taken in 2005 by the ROV Hercules whilst coming up from a dive to deep seamounts in the NW Atlantic Ocean. I like this photo, reminds me of a cruise I enjoyed, being called "Bob" for the entire 5 weeks because I sat in Bob Ballards chair for 8hrs a day directing where that ROV went and what it collected, and most of all sitting in a dark van between 4am and midday watching a robot scour the ocean floor for corals while singing directions in operatic baritones (to the tune of Phantom of the Opera) because we'd all been awake for too long.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

cool snap! g&t sounds good! yum. sounds like your week ended a bit better?

RGW said...

Yeah....the G&T helped....as did a make-up pottery lesson on friday, that was nice!