Monday, November 3, 2008

Goals - week 7

Packed Lunches - 5
Walk to work - 1
Swimming - 0
Exercise - 1 session of aerobics
Social - Pottery! That was sooooo much fun, can't wait for wednesdays now! 
Soda - 3

Giving up on the total weight loss. If I loose even near what I want, i'll let you know! At the moment, i'm breaking even.......

As for eating better and saving more, i'm doing well, though i've been bad this week and skipped a few meals in lieu of chocolate. A bad habit I picked up during my PhD, and sometimes it's just hard to motivate cooking something nice for just one (even if I make enough and have left overs). I've only bought some fresh fruit this week, and haven't bought a loaf of bread in 3 weeks (i've been making, with varying success, need some new yeast, think mine is too old for fluffy loaves) or milk, i've been living off dry I already have to save some $$ for a few weeks. I've been making various things, from soap to wooly hats to mincemeat to keep my creative side in track. In fact my only other purchases this week have been things to make into items for others. I get a little sucked in with that stuff though and can end up spending a lot that takes a while to recoup, time to curb on the crafting supplies and use up what I have in stock. I enjoy that challenge too though. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Nicola are definitely going to make me find my 'better self'. So now I'll leave the Yonkers Public Library Internet station and go find the workout room at the hotel! Not my favorite spot, but...if you can do it, so can I!

PleaseRecycle said...

I need to do some stash-busting too. I have all kinds of crafty supplies- stuff I never did, leftovers from other projects, freebies. Now I need to think of creative things to do with these items AND find the time to do them!

Nice job on the packing lunches every day!